Friday, April 4, 2008

T.H.'s Prom Story

Junior Prom

I have to start this story while I was at home getting ready. I was so excited, the first time I had ever had a reason to get all fancied up. I had a black dress that I bought while visiting my mom in San Francisco. It was lace and came down to just above my knees and was sleeveless. I loved this dress. Although looking back, I don't know what I was thinking. My sisters helped me get ready and did my hair. They helped me pick out jewelry and other accessories. My hair was curled into loose ringlets and pulled back. I wore my stepmoms necklace and earrings that were silver and black. My shoes where high strappy heals.

Once I was dressed and ready I came out of the bathroom and showed my dad and stepmom how I looked. My dad took one look at me and said, "I don't know if I am comfortable with you leaving the house looking like that." I was shocked. I didn't know what to say. I reminded him that I showed him the dress after I bought it and he didn't have a problem with it then. His answer to this was, "I never saw it on you." I was about to cry when my stepmom came over and told him that I looked great and he shouldn't worry about it.

Then my dad decided that in order to keep my date in line he was going to clean his gun while we waited for Johnathan to show up. I was so embarrased. I tried to convince him not to but it was too late, Johnathan was there!!! He came into the house and I am sure that he was scared of my father but he acted fine. My dad just sat there cleaning his gun and asked when he was going to have me home. Johnathan asked the perfect question, "When would you like me to have her home?" My dad smiled and said 2 am.

We left and drove to the prom. It was held at a hotel in the next town over. I am sure we talked along the way but I am not sure what about. (it has been a while since I was in high school). The dance itself wasn't much to talk about. It was mostly the same people I talked to at school sitting at a table talking. I don't remember dancing much but I am sure I did. I mostly remember sitting at the table talking to my friends and taking lots of pictures.

After the dance, a bunch of my friends and I decided to go to the lake. Once there we decided it would be a good idea to go skinny dipping. That was not a good idea!!! It was way too cold and dark! It was fun to watch one of my male friends run into the water and jump about 10 feet into the air and scream like a girl!!

We then went to Denny's and got some food before Johnathan drove me home. It was a good time.


Senor Prom

Senor prom was completely different from my junior prom. First of all I actually had a boyfriend, Chuck, and my parents were out of town. This time I wore a full length blue dress. It was also sleeveless and lacy and form fitting. I loved that dress. I thought I looked beautiful. My friend Beth came over to my house to help me get ready. She didn't go to the same school so she wasn't going to the Prom. My hair was curled in loose rings and clipped back behind my ears. I wore matching blue strappy heals, and pearl earrings and necklace.

Chuck drove up to my house in a blue rental car that was almost the same color as my dress! He told me he had planned that when I told him what color my dress was. We took a lot of pictures at my house before we left for the Prom.

The Prom was at a hotel up in the mountains. There was still snow on the ground around the hotel. It was beautiful, but cold! Once inside we took lots of pictures and made our way to the tables for dinner. I think I sat with pretty much the same people that I did at my Junior prom. The food wasn't anything great but since it was at prom it seemed great at the time.

I danced most of the night. They played a video of different school events and people from our class. Although it was a well made video, I was rather bored. Since I never really did anything to get noticed in school and neither did my friends, there wasn't anyone I cared about in the video.

After the prom a bunch of us went back to my house, since my parents were out of town it seemed like a good place to go. We microwaved some pizza and played board games till the wee hours of the morning. It was a good night.

T.H. Prom 1994 and 1995

No comments: